FAUSTO: [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] Welcome to the latest episode of “The Visa Hour.” Today, [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] on completing visa forms and the application process [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] Fausto De Guzman [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] Consular Officer, U.S. Embassy [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] looking forward to [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] RACHEL: Hi. I’m Rachel I’ve been in the Philippines for about eight months I’ve lived in several places around the world I’ve lived in India, West Africa, Japan, Singapore, Australia, and I’m really happy to be in the Philippines I’m here with my two boys and my husband We’ve all learned to scuba dive here, which we’re really excited about So we plan on spending the rest of our time here exploring the islands, maybe doing some hiking, so we’re thrilled to be here So we did a poll on Facebook, and we found that what you said that you wanted to hear about was documentation, forms and the process for application So that’s what we’re gonna try to help you with today So I’m gonna talk about the documents you should bring when you come in for your interview FAUSTO: [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] Rachel, you’re gonna talk about documents here at the Embassy RACHEL: I am So there aren’t that many documents that you really need to bring in Sometimes when people come in they just have a big envelope full of documents and they try to stick it in our tiny little window and it doesn’t fit So what we ask is that the first thing you give us is your passport, obviously, which you’ve gotta bring to us, and your DS-160, which is what you print off of the internet It has your photo on it It has a little bit of information about you It has a barcode That’s what we need That’s the first thing we need Beyond that, if you’ve been to the U.S. before, and you’ve had a visa before, bring that And even if it’s in an old passport, even it’s expired, if you have stayed in the U.S. before and you’ve overstayed or you made your stay longer by getting permission from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services – if you’ve gotten an approval from them, bring that in too when you come You need to bring a 2 inch by 2 inch standard photo And if you’re traveling for business, it’s a good idea to bring a guarantee letter from your company It’s not necessary, but it’s a good idea But the most important things are the passport and the DS-160 So that’s for the B-1/B-2 visa, which is like the work, travel – the travel and business visa But there may be other documents you need for other kinds of visas For example – but what I wanted to say is, you can get a list of all of these on our website and there’s extensive information on our website If you ever have a question that you don’t know the answer to, go to our website Some other documents you’ll need though; if you’re applying for a B-1/B-2 or a B-1 as a domestic helper or a nanny, you need to bring a contract that’s signed by the employer and the employee That’s very important Information on the website about what needs to be included in that If you’ve traveled with your employer before, we’d like you to bring pay stubs that show what you were paid while you were working in the U.S If you’re applying for an F-1 visa, which is a student visa, there are a couple other things you need to bring One is your SEVIS receipt SEVIS stands for your Student and Exchange Visitor Information System fee We need to see that And we also need to see your I-120 which tells us which school you wanna attend and how long you’ll be attending And we need proof of ability to pay for that first year So those are some things you need for the student visa For an H, an L, or a C-1 visa,

which are all work visas, you also need to bring an I-129 form, which is your petition for a non-immigrant worker, as well as an I-797 form which comes from the Department of Homeland Security – that’s called – which is just your notice of approval So bring that in too If you’re a family member of someone who has a work visa, we need a couple of other things, and that would be your proof of relationship; so a birth certificate, a marriage certificate, all on NSO paper Those are the crucial documents you need to bring to the interview And now let’s start with some questions FAUSTO: OK [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] “What is your best advice to those people who are filing visa applications, especially first timers?” Rachel? RACHEL: Thanks Thanks Fausto It’s really important when you’re filling out your form online, which is called the CEAC form; that you answer questions honestly; put as much information in that as you can If you can’t answer every single question, don’t worry about it But the important part is you’re very forthcoming with your answers And then when you get to the interview with the Consular Officer, again, honesty is very important Answer their questions truthfully Demonstrate you’ve got strong ties to the Philippines That’s what we wanna see FAUSTO: [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] RACHEL: So Mae [INAUDIBLE] from Facebook sent us a questions and it says, “I’ve got an approved H-1B “petition from my employer in the U.S., and I recently “went for an interview at the Embassy and was given a “221(g) letter – which you’ll hear about later – “for a missing PIMS “How long do I have to wait and is there any way I can get my passport for the weekend because I wanna travel?” So first part of the question Mae is, I can’t tell you – we can’t tell you exactly how long the wait will be before you get your visa, but it’s usually a week to two weeks No guarantee But the second part of it is, if you need your passport now, just let us know We can get you your passport When you come back from your trip, you can return it to us and we can issue your visa when your PIMS petition is in our system and it’s ready to be issued FAUSTO: Does that mean people don’t have to cancel their trips if they want to take a little vacation? RACHEL: Absolutely not Absolutely not Contact us The best thing to do – Fausto’s got the email address, and request your passport We’ll make sure you can get it, so you can travel with it You can return it when you get back FAUSTO: OK, and that email address is [email protected] or [email protected] and simply write your request there and we will accommodate that RACHEL: Another question from Facebook is from Nate Jayden And he says, “Hello, I’m a U.S. citizen “I just have a question regarding a visa application “for my eight-year-old son “Can I ask for expedited processing for the reason “that I cannot stay longer than three weeks “in the Philippines because of my job? “My son needs to enter the U.S.A “for the purpose of appearing in a USCIS district office “for naturalization “He has his alien number Please help Thank you.” So it looks like Nate is gonna be flying into the Philippines in early July and needs to expedite the process My advice, Nate, would be to setup the appointment as soon as you can You can’t always get an appointment the day you need one So think about that ahead of time and make sure you’ve applied in plenty of time You don’t have to be here to apply You can do that online And let us know, when you’re doing the interview, what the reason is for an expedite Sometimes we can help Sometimes we can’t But the earlier you apply, the better your chances are of getting everything in time as long as your son qualifies for the visa That would be my advice FAUSTO: And, Rachel, does Nate need to call our Call Center to make that appointment? RACHEL: Nate, you can apply online You can call our Call Center for help or any advice you need FAUSTO: And our Call Center number is 02-9028930 or 02-9825555 [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] OK. Are there any other advice you’d like to give to new Consular Officers – new – any applicants? RACHEL: I’m going to reiterate it again because

it’s very important Be truthful in your application process Be truthful when you talk to a Consular Officer and, you know, relax FAUSTO: OK And, Rachel, we also have another question that came in here We had an applicant – and the question is, “I went to the U.S. Embassy “and I tried to give my documents to the “Consular Officer, and the Consular Officer “did not look at any of the documents Can you explain why that is?” RACHEL: Sure. Sure There are a couple of different things We don’t have a lot of time If you’ve been in for an interview, you know we see a lot of people each day and so we don’t have a lot of time to be looking through documents Sometimes we need to see things, sometimes we don’t But if you say to us, “I’ve been invited to my cousin’s wedding Here’s my invitation.” We don’t need to see it because we 100% believe you’ve been invited to your cousin’s wedding No need to see it What we really want is honesty in answering the questions And if we’ve got that we don’t need the documentation FAUSTO: [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] And another question we got from one of our viewers is, again, “I went to the U.S. Embassy, “but the interview lasted for a very, very short time Could you clarify what – what’s that?” RACHEL: Sure Like I said before, we see a lot of people every day You can tell if you’ve been here before, we’re always busy We don’t have a lot of time to spend honestly, but we also – the questions we ask are important It’s important to get a truthful answer and we – Consular Officers feel that they can establish ties – your ties with the Philippines by asking a few questions, and those are the important questions we ask and we need answers to those FAUSTO: [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] “I had a 10-year tourist visa in the late 1990s “I was not able to apply a new visa after it expired Will my non-renewal before affect if I apply again?” RACHEL: Here’s what – you’ll need to do a brand new application, but bring your old visa with you One of the questions we’ll probably ask you is how many times did you travel to the U.S., how long did you stay when you were in the U.S.? So we’ll probably get information about that previous visa that you had, and you should bring it with you so you can see it, but it doesn’t affect you either way as far as getting a new application and getting a new visa FAUSTO: [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] Maraming salamat Rachel Thank you very, very much Thank you, you gave some very, very good answers RACHEL: Thanks everybody FAUSTO: In a short while we’ll be joined by our next Consular Officer who will still answer some of your other questions In the meantime, you can still send in your questions on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter using #TheVisaHour and we will try our best to answer them for you OK, [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] You can introduce yourself STEVE: Thank you Hi, my name is Steve Bremner I am from the great state of Minnesota That’s the land of 10,000 lakes for anyone who knows any trivia about the United States It’s a very cold place, but it’s beautiful There is 10 inches of snow still on the ground in May 5th of this year I moved to Manila just a few months ago and I love it here Prior to working as a Consular Officer in Manila, I’ve lived in Japan and Kuwait I also used to be in sales for a large business in the United States and traveled around all over Asia The Philippines feels like a second home to me already I love 1980s rock and sing to myself at work So I feel right at home with my Filipino colleagues FAUSTO: OK Maraming salamat Steve [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] STEVE: OK Well, I wanted to go through the application process as it’s seen online So if we can pull up the first screenshot, you’ll be looking at a shot of the U.S. Embassy webpage, and at the top left-hand side, what you’ll find is a link to visas If you drag your mouse over the word “visas” near the top of that, and drag a button down to non-immigrant visas, you just click there

Now, the next page should give you a large selection of links, including information about types of non-immigrant visas and links to the application process There’s a lot of information on this page and most of your questions can actually be answered somewhere within one of these links Now there are a lot of people out there with a lot of opinions about what the secret is to getting a visa to the United States And the real secret is there is no secret It’s all based on U.S. immigration law and it is all conveniently explained on the Embassy website So don’t listen to supposed experts Become an expert yourself by using the website Click on the types of non – clicking on the types of non-immigrant visa links on the left-hand side of the website, will take you to a page that explains all the different types of visas as well as a table showing the qualifications, requirements, fees in each visa class In addition to that, if you look at different places on the website, you’ll find all kinds of frequently asked questions, helpful links to show you how to do things So let’s go to the next screenshot The great majority of visa applicants applying for non-immigrants visas are applying for a B-1 or a B-2 visa to travel to the United States for business or pleasure, and there’s a good chance that this will include you Now, looking at the next screenshot, the great majority of these applicants can go to this website and click on the “How To Apply” link, and that will take you to a page with all the details on how to apply; what the basic requirements are, and what the documents and information you’ll need to provide are And very importantly, it will include a link to the consular electronic application center website This is where you will actually fill out your application, using an online application form So going to the next screen, if you click on that “Consular Electronic Application Center” link, it will take you to new website where you will begin the application process Now, be forewarned, it is a long application and it asks a lot of detailed information The good news is that it is a smart form There are instructions and links for saving your application and we recommend that you save your application early and you save it often so that as you go through the process, if you have to stop and go and look for some information that the application’s requesting, you won’t lose any of the information you’ve put in So now a couple of important points you should consider when filling out the form One, of course, is be patient It will take you a little bit of time Two, is there is help available We have the Call Center that you can call and they’re happy to help you out with different aspects of the form when you have problems there And then three is the information requested on the form is a very important part of establishing that you, as an applicant, meet the qualifications for the non-immigrant visa that you’re applying for So please fill out the form completely and honestly Not only as my applicant – excuse me – as the Consular Officer before me, Rachel said, my mom also always said, “Honesty is the best policy.” And that applies doubly so to your visa process and your visa application The Consular Officer will determine whether or not you qualify for the visa classification you’re applying for, but the one sure way to disqualify yourself is for you to be dishonest in either your form or during your interview So please make sure you take the time to answer the application questions as completely as you possibly can and most importantly, completely honestly And that’s all I wanted to talk about specifically, Fausto Do we have any other questions? FAUSTO: I think we have a couple of questions [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] Imelda [INAUDIBLE] from Facebook: “Can we renew a Green Card here in the Philippines? “Do we need to setup an appointment? “Can’t find out how to renew in the Philippine website “My mother came home to bring my sick father, “but her Green Card will expire on June 18 “She plans to go back to Hawaii in a year “since she came last March “Can she renew her card in the Philippines? How do we setup an appointment for that?” So Steve, can a Green Card be renewed here in the Philippines? STEVE: You know, Fausto, that’s a good question It’s one that has a lot of details behind it, so I think we’re gonna set that question aside until I get all that information gathered up and we’ll come back to it Can we go on to another question? FAUSTO: Sure Thanks, Steve STEVE: Here’s a question from [INAUDIBLE] – did I say that right? – from Facebook asking, “What chance does a “Philippine spouse married to an American citizen, “seven years married, have to get a tourist visa?

“I’ve heard there’s very little chance for foreigners married to American citizens to get a tourist visa.” OK, well, I know, like I said, there’s a lot of rumors and secrets out there about who can and how they fit into the classification The key issue with getting a tourist visa is to show that you, as an individual, have ties to your home country here in the Philippines, will compel you to return after your brief visit to the United States Now, being married to an American citizen, while that does show ties to America, does not necessarily disqualify anybody Many American citizens live here permanently in the Philippines, and so that of course establishes more permanent ties to the Philippines So I would say that every case is individual and unique The key thing that we’re looking for are your ties to the Philippines that will cause you to come back So please don’t be discouraged because you’re married to an American citizen Take the opportunity to come and apply if you wanna travel to the United States FAUSTO: OK We also have another question that just came via email “I will apply for a student visa Will my tourist visa be cancelled?” Steve, what’s your answer on that one? STEVE: [INAUDIBLE] for a student visa No, you can have multiple visas at different times, and those visas will remain valid through the validity listed on that visa itself in your passport FAUSTO: [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] Maramat salamat Steve [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] “Can a F-2B petition person apply for a tourist visa?” [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] STEVE: So an F-2B petition person applying for a tourist visa – so an F-2B – if I understand that question correctly, that is an immigrant petition; someone who is applying for immigration to the United States, that wants to apply for a tourist visa Different immigrant classes have different wait periods in terms of when they can go to the United States on their immigrant petition And so understanding that some people have a very long wait period, some people have a shorter wait period, it is not a final determination as to whether or not somebody can have a tourist visa Just because you have an immigrant petition pending does not disqualify you for a tourist petition – or a tourist visa So please just take the opportunity to come and apply for your visa if you have plans to travel to the United States FAUSTO: OK. Thanks Thank you very much Steve [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] Manila.USEmbassy.gov [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] Call Center: 902-8930 or 02-9825555 [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] Twitter: “My visa is valid until 2016, “but my passport expired How do I transfer the visa to my new passport?” [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] STEVE: Well, the bad news is that you can’t You have to come in and get a new visa But that’s not correct, actually No, the truth is that you can travel with your old passport with your visa inside of it and your new passport together So you don’t have to get in line, fill out the application to get a new passport – excuse me – a new visa, until it actually expires in 2016 So just make sure you’re traveling with your new passport and your old passport with your valid visa, and present both of those at the border when you try to enter the United States FAUSTO: OK And I should not cut it out from the old passport? STEVE: Absolutely not Do not cut it out That will probably ruin the ability to travel FAUSTO: OK [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] “How can I get a tourist visa and what are the requirements – have to – I need to visit a friend in the U.S.?” [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] STEVE: Well, that’s a very important question because in the United States we’d like to see more and more tourists come to visit So again, the best way to start your process is to go to the U.S. Embassy Manila website and click on the “Visa” link at the top of the page and click on the “Non-Immigrant Visa” section There, it will give you a detailed explanation on how

you apply for your tourist visa which is a B-1/B-2 visa to visit the United States And as you go through the website you’ll find detailed information on the information you need to prepare, the documentation that you need to bring and the application that you need to fill out So I think if you refer to the website, you’ll find that all that information is very conveniently listed there and you can become an expert on how to get a U.S. visa So we have a question from email It says, “I am a Filipino but work in Vietnam “Can I apply for a visa to the U.S “at the U.S. Embassy or do I have to go home to the Philippines?” That’s a very good question as well You can apply for a visa at the U.S. Embassy in Vietnam, and they will take your application and they will go ahead and work through your qualifications based on the same requirements that we do here They’re looking again for your ties to your home or resident country In this case if it’s Vietnam they will require you to come back from the United States So if you have clear ties to Vietnam as a long-term resident there, working, and are established there, then please go ahead and apply for your visa there in Vietnam You should have the same experience that you would have here in Manila FAUSTO: [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] OK Maraming salamat Steve Thank you very much I am sure our viewers learned a lot from what you have shared today [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] Manila.USEmbassy.gov [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] blog [email protected] USEmbassy.gov/Philippines [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] Good afternoon Michael MICHAEL: Good afternoon Fausto I’m Michael I’m originally from New York and I went to college in Virginia and grad school in New Mexico I have traveled to Hungary, Ukraine, India, Japan and Korea I worked in Washington, D.C for the Commerce Department, and this is my first assignment with the State Department It’s a pleasure to meet everyone So I’m here to talk about 221(g) letters If we could bring up the actual law – right – as you can see here, we have a section of the Immigration and Nationality Act, which is the basis of many of the interviews here done by consular officers It’s very long It’s very wordy But the main thing you should all know is it’s basically the legal basis we use for putting an application in pending status And officers do that because we need more information, and with the information, we need proof that supports it So there are three types of 221(g) letters that we issue to applicants The first one is our general 221(g) letter As you can see on the screen, this is – looks very crowded and complicated, and so I’d like to just give you a few pointers about it to help you understand it better FAUSTO: I have a quick question Michael MICHAEL: Yes FAUSTO: The 221(g) letter; does an applicant get that letter after an interview or before an interview? MICHAEL: The applicant gets that at the interview So usually an officer will conduct an interview to see whether or not the applicant qualifies, especially as Steve has mentioned and Rachel has mentioned earlier, that all applicants need to demonstrate they have ties outside the United States Now, when there seems like there’s not enough information that’s when the officer, towards the end of an interview will say, “We need to put your interview into pending status,” and then issue the 221(g) letter FAUSTO: Thank you MICHAEL: You’re welcome On the 221(g) letter, the first part – right under

the applicant’s name and barcode number, it says, “you are requested to submit additional documents” and then there’s a whole series of boxes On the left-hand side are six boxes and usually that’s for biographical documents It could be we request a police clearance from the National Bureau of Investigation or from local police or it could be previous passports On the right side, these are usually for our seafarers or crewmen, which is the visa class known as C-1 or D, and in those cases we’re looking for certain other types of documents And then some of our applicants that used to be legal permanent residents of the United States with Green Cards And they decided to come back to the Philippines for good, for the rest of their lives In that case, they need to get a non-immigrant visa to the U.S.; however the U.S. government still considers them permanent residents of the U.S So we have a box that shows them that they need to get what’s known as the I-407, which basically states that they’ve given up their residency in the United States And then the next series of boxes underneath that are really geared towards students, interns or people going through like student trainee programs, so there are specific forms that we’re looking from them This could include school transcripts as well or training plans with the various phases of their training or internship And we may also ask for documents, especially in the cases of domestic help who’s going with their employer to the United States for their employment contract or other such documents Now, some of our applicants are applying for petition-based work visas In this case, there are a lot of documents we may need either from the petitioner or the applicant So if we could take a look at the 221(g) letter for petition-based visas – right – this also looks quite complicated On the left side are documents we need from the petitioner, such as perhaps an employment contract or an official letter from the company stating exactly where they will work – where the applicant will work – or maybe the income tax return of the petitioner On the right side are documents we’re looking for for the applicant or their family member So this could include licenses that establishes their professional qualification or perhaps their income tax returns, or W2 forms which is another form from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service And, also, Fausto asked earlier about when are these letters issued There are cases when these letters are issued for people who don’t have interviews So this is known as the “Visa Reissuance Program”, where we can waive the requirement to do an interview because the applicant has been issued a visa in the past and they’re asking for a visa in the same visa class So this letter, thankfully, is a lot less complicated In those cases, we usually ask for either previous passports or proof that when they were in the U.S., let’s say originally only for two months, but they end up staying for six months, that they received approval – official approval – from the U.S. government to stay longer So now please note, this letter is also used to request an interview There are times when the Consular Officer will decide not to waive the interview requirement So we’ll indicate that on the 221(g) letter And, sometimes people who come from visa reissuance program, we don’t have a good set of fingerprints, so as you can probably notice towards the bottom, there is a box asking the applicant to return to the Embassy with their passport and the letter once their fingers have healed Now with all of these letters, all applicants can send the material back via the courier service “To Go” and that’s clearly indicated

on the form And lastly, this can be quite complex, but please don’t stress out You can always call the Call Center at 982-5555 or 902-8930, Monday through Friday from 8 o’clock in the morning until 8 P.M So I guess we can answer some questions at this point FAUSTO: [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] Question via email: “I applied for an H-2B and they gave me a 221(g) letter “Now I have a new petition for an H-2B, “can I use the 221(g) letter to send in my new petition to you or do I have to apply again?” MICHAEL: No, you cannot use the 221(g) letter for the new petition because the new petition – I mean, the 221(g) letter is for the old petition So in this case, you have a new petition You have to go through the application process all over again as if you’re applying for the first time because, in this case, the petition is totally new FAUSTO: OK. Thank you And [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] “What is the process to marry my Filipina girlfriend? “How could and how fast does she have to get a U.S. visa “to come visit me in the U.S.? How could she become a U.S. citizen afterwards?” And I think this is a very good question and what I recommend here is that your girlfriend M.J., apply for a K-1 visa, and the process for that, with lots and lots of information is also available up on our website and our website again is Manila.USEmbassy.gov And there is a lot of information about the K visa process there MICHAEL: If I can add a little bit about the K visa FAUSTO: Sure MICHAEL: Usually, that’s what we also dub the Fiancée Visa I’ve seen instances where the applicant will come with the petitioner Usually these K visas, similar to immigrant visas, are to reconnect family So the petitioner should be in the United States In cases where the fiancée petitioner is here with the applicant, they’ll need to establish to the interviewing officer that they intend to return to the United States permanently and that they’ll be there when the applicant arrives In addition, for those who are already married, there is the immigrant visa class IR-1, which is specifically spouses for U.S. citizens Again, the petitioner should be in the United States in that case FAUSTO: OK, and we also have another question here via Twitter, and the question is, “Should I buy my plane ticket before my interview?” And it says here, “I will be traveling in [INAUDIBLE] “and my interview is in July “Should I purchase my ticket before [INAUDIBLE]?” [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] Our recommendation – our strong recommendation – is not to make any final travel plans Don’t buy a ticket Don’t make reservations until after the interview At least that way you already have your U.S visa on hand and won’t be stuck with a very heft, sometimes, cancellation fees with hotels or the airport [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] “I applied twice for a tourist visa and was denied “[INAUDIBLE] all the questions Why was I denied?” MICHAEL: So when all applicants who apply for a tourist visa, a non-immigrant visa come, by U.S. law, all officers must assume the applicant has the intention to immigrate, and they have to demonstrate that they have strong ties outside of the United States that will compel them to leave So I don’t know the specifics in your case, and we cannot really divulge into such confidential details, that you were not able to sufficiently demonstrate that you have strong and compelling ties FAUSTO: [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] In this case probably a tourist or business visa MICHAEL: OK, so we have a question from Facebook FAUSTO: OK. Good MICHAEL: [INAUDIBLE]

FAUSTO: OK, that’s a good question and I think one that we get very often I, you know, in this situation, it could also mean this is most likely gonna be an immigrant visa,; no, the petitioner does not need to be there, although if the petitioner is in the country, you know – MICHAEL: Actually, as I mentioned earlier, the purpose of a [INAUDIBLE] based immigrant visa is to reunite family members by having the family member go to the United States, [INAUDIBLE] demonstrate and convince the officer that the petitioner is returning to the U.S. permanently FAUSTO: OK [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] “How long does it take after being interviewed by the Consular Officer before the visa is approved and this is in a non-immigrant visa classes?” The average waiting time is about [INAUDIBLE] I just wanna stress again that this is the average So sometimes this is [INAUDIBLE] and sometimes it may arrive a little later But again, the average that we found is about one [INAUDIBLE] MICHAEL: The thing I forgot to mention about the 221(g) letters, I didn’t wanna flood the audience with a lot of detail, but with the 221(g) letter there is a portion that says “your application requires further administrative processing.” If that box is checked, that means we here in the Consular Section need more time to process it, and this involves details, sensitive personal details about complex processes, so we cannot give more specifics than that But this is an indication that it may take more than a week if it’s a non-immigrant visa I cannot give an exact timeframe However, if you look on the 221(g) letter link to our website, in bold there’s a section that says, “How to check case status.” And there’s a link – CEAC.state.gov/CEAC where you can [INAUDIBLE] number, see whether or not it’s still pending or if it’s being delivered FAUSTO: OK MICHAEL: So we have another question from Facebook [INAUDIBLE] Livingston asks, “How and what important “papers are needed to submit to file for a spousal visa? “Apparently, the situation is I got married to a “naturalized born U.S. citizen “in 2007, and the person wants to be with her husband who resides in Illinois?” FAUSTO: OK I think that’s a very good question [INAUDIBLE] what, you know, Nang needs to do in that situation if her husband’s in Illinois, is she needs to [INAUDIBLE] visa section there for all the detailed requirements [INAUDIBLE] MICHAEL: We have a question from Guy Allison He is a U.S. citizen and he married a Philippinoise He says, “We’ve lived together here in the Philippines “since their marriage, October 12, 2013, but [INAUDIBLE] to make this happen?” And I think, actually, Fausto [INAUDIBLE] – FAUSTO: Yeah And again, the website has a lot of detailed information on this [INAUDIBLE] for your question via Facebook All right, and we have another question via Twitter [INAUDIBLE] asks, “[SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] when I apply for a U.S. visa?” [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] MICHAEL: So we have another question from Twitter “Ken [INAUDIBLE], if he’s been issued a tourist visa, is there an [INAUDIBLE] period?” FAUSTO: That’s a very interesting question MICHAEL: Yeah, I’ve never heard of the term [INAUDIBLE] period But once the visa is issued, it’s placed in the passport, it’s valid So the applicant can travel anytime to the U.S based on the – for the [INAUDIBLE] of time, the applicant must use to enter the United States FAUSTO: OK, I think it’s a very good question And I think, one again, that we get very often

And I think a follow-up question on that case would be how long can I stay in the United States when I visit? And, again, the length of stay, for example, you have a 10-year multiple entry visa, the length of stay is actually given at the point of entry So you will see that on your passport once it’s stamped in and, you know, our biggest advice when you enter the United States, please follow the lengths of stay in your passport OK? [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] MICHAEL: And should anything happen, especially if someone is hospitalized, they’re unable to – it’s critical for an applicant to apply for [INAUDIBLE] to the U.S. government for authorization to continue to stay, in other words, to get an extension FAUSTO: OK MICHAEL: So that would be the wisest thing to do FAUSTO: OK [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] early date of interview to take my trip [INAUDIBLE] MICHAEL: We look at these kinds of requests on a case by case basis So one of the best things to do is to call the Call Center at 982-5555 or 902-8930 And it would be [INAUDIBLE] Manila.USEmbassy.gov and go to the visa section of the [INAUDIBLE] page FAUSTO: OK [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] Unfortunately, we don’t have enough time to answer all of your questions Again, maraming salamat [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] Facebook page ON.FB.ME/VisaWall [INAUDIBLE] blog [email protected] USEmbassy.gov/Philippines MICHAEL: You can watch the on-demand version of this episode on our YouTube channel at www.YouTube.com/USEmbassyManila FAUSTO: OK [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] www.Facebook.com/Manila USEmbassy Twitter at Twitter.com/USEmbassyManila Google+ +.google.com/USEmbassyManila Instagram USEmbassyManila MICHAEL: Check out the EducationUSA Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/ EducationUSA.Philippines And, also, please check out our Philippine-American Educational Foundation website at www.PAEF.org.ph FAUSTO: OK Again, maraming salamat po [SPEAKING IN TAGALOG] next month Visa Hour – Fausto De Gusman, Maraming Salamat Visa Officers, Steve, Michael and Rachel VISA OFFICERS: Thank you Bye. Thank you very much Bye

You Want To Have Your Favorite Car?

We have a big list of modern & classic cars in both used and new categories.